National Plan for Vacation Day is here!
Never heard of it? That’s ok. It’s kinda new.
In case you’re wondering, it’s effort from US Travel Association and their Project: Time Off campaign. They are aiming to shift American attitudes so that taking time off is understood as essential to personal well-being, professional success, business performance, and economic expansion. And we fully support this idea!
Did you know that more than half (55%) of us aren’t using our hard-earned vacation time, resulting in a stockpile of 658 million unused vacation days and a workforce always on the brink of burn out. According to research from Project: Time Off, the top barriers for employees include:
- Concern over returning to a mountain of work, 37%
- Feeling that no one else can do the job, 30%
- Impression that taking time off is harder as you grow in the company, 28%
- Wanting to show complete dedication, 22%
There is a secret to overcoming all our vacation fears: planning.
It’s time for you to take back your calendar and put downtime at the top of your list of priorities. Planning for vacation can be achieved in three simple steps:
- Determine how much time off you earn and identify the vacation policies at your workplace.
- Get to dreaming! How do you want to spend your time off this year?
- Add your vacation plans to the calendar and share with your manager, your colleagues—everyone!
This year, don’t let your vacation days be part of a statistic. We’ll even help you get started. Try these 9 Travel Ideas for 2019.